View Profile HongKongBong

All 101 Art Reviews

47 w/ Responses

Super nice, although the progress gif seems to be a jpg for me...

aleha84 responds:

unfortunately sometimes newgrounds wont post additional gifs as gifs and convert them to jpg
Here: https://twitter.com/84Aleha/status/1373191611035836417

Very nice, you managed to get me immersed in a whole story with just one paragraph and an incredible pic. Keep up the good work! (Also there's a typo in your text, dremalands!)

DeathCards responds:

Thanks! Edited the typo

Why'd ya spill yer beans Tommy?!
Great work after a great movie! Very nice shading and even though at places it almost looks photo realistic, you added your own style to it and even made it look somewhat cartoonish (which isn't too hard with the amazing facial expressions Dafoe pulled off in this flick).
Nice work.

BoyPorcelain responds:

Thanks, glad to hear it. Yeah with this one specifically i tried to make it a bit more cartoony and exaggerated in parts. Glad to see that came though!

NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH

When they declare Boston Strong martial law, with the tanks and everything, the brigade, I'd like to reach for my rifle, have one at my disposal! Sometimes, that's not always possible. So a knife is simple, and effective. In some cases, More so!

Excuse me sir, do you have a cigarette?

I like it! Reminds me a lot of Dan Paladin's animations.

Wow I fucking love it! The style, the coloring, the total composition, very nice.
Also reminds me of my old animation series I started 10 years ago, AnimafiA, even though I never got past the first episode this inspires me to maybe start on it again sometime.

Oh wow, what a coincidence! Was browsing through your Inktober work (great Buckethead homage by the way) and stumbled on this, the exact same concept as what I made! I'm not gonna post links on your work but feel free to check it out in my gallery.
This incredibly well done, especially for a (semi) rushed piece, feels very alive! Great linework and some subtle coloring, only thing I'm able to critique here is the right eye socket of the skull, dead fella seems to be frowning now lol.

MintyFreshThoughts responds:

Hey thanks man! Appreciate the feeback. I checked your gallery and couldn’t find the day 13, but I’m sure it looks awesome. I’ll check back soon

Reminded me of Un Chien Andalou on first sight.
Pretty goddamn spooky, keep it up.

Your best Kaiju so far, the pose and the whole composition is superb. keep it up!

YannuNG responds: